Advertise On or Sponsor the Podcast
Your business will get access to a bunch of loyal listeners who love learning about business topics. In addition, you’ll be able to advertise your business through my website.
- The podcast space is growing quickly. Thanks to modern technologies such as smartphones, Bluetooth-enabled cars, faster streaming speeds, Apple Car Play, podcasts are becoming ubiquitous and mainstream. One in five Americans (57+ million) now listens to podcasts every month.
- Podcast advertising is booming, but it’s still in its infancy and this means the market is at a steep discount. Think about other platforms that have matured over the years like Google Adwords and Facebook Ads. They started off very inexpensive ($0.10 a click), but when they hit scale and found mass demand, the rates skyrocketed. This happens in every marketplace over time and podcast advertising will be no different. So, get in early and enjoy the low CPM rates while they last.
- You get long term marketing exposure with podcast ads. Podcast ads are typically read by the host and baked into the audio file. This means your ad will be permanently recorded and played for years to come.
- Podcasts in general tend to be highly engaging mediums for delivering messages. Unlike ads on web pages and television, people enjoy listening to ads on podcasts. Podcast advertisements are five times as effective as web ads Most ads are live read by the host making it a more intimate and personal experience. And since they put their trust in the hosts of their favourite podcasts, they’re much more receptive to the brands and products they promote.
Did you know?
If a podcast:
⇒ gets more than 26 plays in 30 days, a podcast is in the top 50% of podcasts.
⇒ gets more than 72 plays in 30 days, a podcast is in the top 25% of podcasts.
⇒ gets more than 231 plays in 30 days, a podcast is in the top 10% of podcasts.
⇒ gets more than 539 plays in 30 days, a podcast is in the top 5% of podcasts.
⇒ gets more than 3062 plays in 30 days, a podcast is in the top 1% of podcasts.
Research tells us that:
– 30.3% of listening takes place on Apple Podcasts, with 26.4% on Spotify. Google Podcasts are a distant third at 2.7%.
– 51% of downloads come from the USA, with 6.8% from the UK, and 5.2% from Canada.
– Mobile accounts for 88.8% of all podcast downloads, with 63.1% of those coming via the Apple iPhone.
I invite you to contact me so that we can discuss how I can help your business to reach a wider audience.
You only need to click the button below.
About Talking with the Experts
Launched: 13 July 2020
Business owners want to know how they can scale their businesses
- Largely 34 to 54, affluent, educated professionals
- Often listen at work or on public transport
- Use social media more than the standard population
- 64% use social media “several times a day”
- 48% follow brands (vs 31% of U.S. social media users)
- Disproportionately interested in entrepreneurship, and self-improvement
Pre-roll and Mid-roll ads
When advertisers purchase ad space on a podcast, they usually choose pre-roll ads (play at the beginning of the episode) and mid-roll ads (play at the end of the episode), and post-rolls play at the end.
These ads are based on a CPM (“cost per mile”) model of advertising. CPM is the cost of 1,000 ad impressions (or plays.) This structure works best for bigger shows (5,000 + downloads per episode).
Here is the current industry standard pricing for podcast advertisers according to AdvertiseCast:
- $18 per 1,000 listens (CPMs) for a 15 second pre-roll ad
- $25 per 1,000 listens (CPMs) for a 60 second mid-roll ad
CPA (cost per acquisition) is the other advertising model in podcasting. This structure bases profits on the number of conversions instead of impressions and works best for smaller podcasts since there is no upfront cost.
These prices are just the industry-standard rates — they can vary based on the network or podcast host selling the ad space.
Book a strategy call TODAY!
With more than 2,000,000 podcasts and over 48 million episodes as of April 2021 worldwide (Podcast Insights, 2021), what an awesome opportunity for you to get your business in front of people.
There is no better time than NOW to get more ears and eyes on your business.
Now is the time to get your 15 to 30-second advertising spot for your service. If you have a product you want to highlight, why not try product placement?